Our goal at San Ramon Children’s Dentistry and Orthodontics is to create a comfortable and relaxing environment, while efficiently managing your child’s dental needs, and the orthodontic needs of the entire family. The mission of our doctors and staff is to nurture beautiful, healthy smiles for our patients that will last a lifetime!
As a board certified pediatric dentist, Dr. Joanne Rahman (or “Dr. Joanne”) is dedicated to giving your child a positive dental experience, and to providing you with the tools and knowledge to help your child maintain a healthy mouth. Dr. Joanne spent an additional three years after dental school at a pediatric advanced training residency. During this time, she only treated children and special needs patients, and had extensive training with various behavior modification techniques and pediatric emergency care. She is passionate about building trust with her patients and giving children a positive dental experience.
Our board certified orthodontist, Dr. Jeffrey Leong, designs individualized treatment plans and provides leading edge orthodontic care for each patient. Dr. Leong completed a three year orthodontic advanced training residency after dental school, during which he only practiced orthodontics. Having spent this time learning the biology and mechanics of tooth movement allows Dr. Leong to provide his patients with the best care possible. Each patient has different needs and goals, and Dr. Leong is committed to customizing treatment plans so they are specific for each patient.
The ability to see two specialists in one office gives our patients the unique ability to have their child’s growth and development closely monitored, and determine if and when orthodontic care may be needed.
Easy Transition to Braces if Needed…
Your family will become familiar with both doctors at our office, which will make for an easy and comfortable transition to braces, if treatment is needed. Some children may benefit from orthodontic treatment earlier than others. Dr. Leong is here to monitor growth patterns and identify appropriate timing for jaw and tooth alignment, which will ensure that your child’s treatment will be as efficient as possible. Direct communication between our doctors allows us to better serve our patients by providing simultaneous treatments, and minimizing the number of appointments needed.
Why Choose Us?
Our entire team is dedicated to providing you with excellent, personalized care and service to make your visits as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
- Our office treats all of our patients as if they were our family! Our primary goal is creating lasting relationships by listening to our patients and doing our best to meet their needs.
- We are firm believers in prevention and education as the key to a healthy smile. We strive to help each patient develop a strategy at home that will optimize their dental health.
- Our staff maintains strict sterilization and cross-contamination processes using standards recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Our patients’ safety is our top priority!
- We are committed to continual education and learning by attending dental lectures, meetings, and dental conventions. This is to ensure we stay informed of new techniques, the latest products, and the newest equipment that our office can use to provide state-of-the-art dental care.
- Dr. Leong utilizes various orthodontic techniques, including traditional braces, clear ceramic braces, Invisalign, and other orthodontic appliances to create signature smiles.
- We offer complimentary initial orthodontic evaluations and a pre-orthodontic treatment observation program.
- Our office has flexible scheduling, including weekend appointments.
- We have affordable treatment options with flexible no interest payment programs.
We invite you to schedule an appointment and become part of the San Ramon Children’s Dentistry and Orthodontics family!